Thursday, October 6, 2011

Stranger

 

Watching through my window

I see  a stranger walking down the   lamplit road

I wonder if he  lives alone

or does he  wait to see the one  he loves  as  his footsteps get lighter  and he disapears out of  my sight

sometimes  he   looks up at my window 

when I am in the room

perhaps he is  alone  and

looking for someone to love 

wonder what he would say

if he knew  that I had written   a poem

about a stranger  who walks down  my road 

and how many times  the poetess has watched him

while he  is walking on his way  home

All Rights Reserved Rosie Fielding2011

17 comments:

  1. Very atmospheric piece. I wonder what he would say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it was me I would want you to stop me and invite me in for coffee........
    and anything thats going......~wink
    Kisses Rosie
    Love Frank
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great comment Caroline, Lol, it is just another poem , all in my imagination too, but, maybe for some who read my words then this may be true , hope so !

    ReplyDelete
  4. ..btw ..perfect song..menno left,!,"old Blue Eyes"..knows jjjust the right thing to say

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very loaded situation: What will he say or do? Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leave your door cracked open and if he opens it let him see first a candle on the table with two glasses of wine - and a lovely stem of rose near the candle.

    Joline

    ReplyDelete
  7. danger and the thrill of the unknown draws me as a moth to flame

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joline, Your imagination is very vivid lol, but very inspiring to a poetess!

    ReplyDelete
  9. To me it is not imagination, but the path of reality I seek to explore to the fullest life has to offer. If he does step into your home through the door you left open for him, you accept what two strangers desire to share and tremble fearing it is exciting and yet hoping for it.

    Joline

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh by all means Joline, but a lady has to be very careful who walks over her step and inside !

    ReplyDelete
  11. I find it exciting not to be careful as we have but one life to explore and no room for regret if we kept the door closed to him...I embrace my desires and accept what risk I offer. hmmm

    Joline

    ReplyDelete